Brenda’s training philosophy is: engagement, education and empowerment.
For nearly twenty years Brenda has welcomed a variety of opportunities to train people. Her experience includes training hourly and management staff at Starbucks Coffee Company; providing mediation and negotiation training at UO Law School (as a student) and at DS Consulting (as an associate); and educating a wide variety of staff and volunteers about land protection over her 15-year career at The Trust for Public Land. Trust for Public Land trainings were as small as one-on-one coaching for a new CEO and national board members to leading a week-long training for 125 staff from across the organization.
SINGING STREAM TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES:
- Strategies for Land Conservation: Understanding the architecture of a conservation real estate project.
- About: This training provides an overview of land and water protection. While this is a complex process, Singing Stream describes it in a series of easily understood steps that include details about negotiation, funding, due diligence, and risk management.
- People will learn: The training demystifies land and water protection for a wide variety of professionals. People who may benefit from the training include board members, agency staff, executive directors, philanthropy staff, marketing and finance staff, attorneys, and graduate students. Brenda has provided this training dozens of times with a variety of audiences.
- Organizational Integration: Brenda’s experience on various nonprofit management teams at both The Trust for Public Land and The Nature Conservancy gives her keen insight into integrating strategic and programmatic objectives. Singing Stream partners with organizational staff and leadership to create a training experience that integrates staff and orients programmatic performance towards strategic organizational objectives.
- People will learn: How to integrate programmatic performance into strategic objectives.
- Advanced Land Conservation.
- About: Sometimes an overview is helpful but insufficient. Singing Stream can develop and deliver conservation training based on current organizational priorities.
- People will learn: Topics are customized for each client. Brenda’s past advance training topics include: working with timber companies and forest carbon.
- Other topics
include:negotiation, risk management, and working with conservation groups. Brenda’s vast network in the conservation community allows her to engage partners as appropriate. All trainingsare customized to meet the client’s needs.
“Thank you again for spending a full day with us yesterday at the Yale School of Forestry and Environmental Studies to share your wisdom on land protection deals and project development. I (and many others) recognized and appreciated your engaging presentation skills. It was by far the most productive workshop many of us have had in a long time.”
Master of Environmental Management Candidate, Class of 2019
Yale School of Forestry & Environmental Studies (Singing Stream client)